A flavorful and colorful twist to a Mediterranean dip made with Garbanzo Beans(Chick Peas). You can use it in falafels(click here for healthy version), wraps, with raw veggies.
- 2 cup boiled and strained chickpeas
- juice of 1 lemon juice
- 2 tsp tahini paste(sesame seed paste)
- 1 large red bell pepper(capsicum)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp red chili flakes, 1 tsp ground black pepper and salt to taste
Continue reading Roasted Red Bell Pepper Hummus!!
Four ingredient quick recipe which can be used as a dip with grilled veggies, french fries or as a relish in sandwiches. Aioli or aïoli is a Mediterranean sauce made of garlic and olive oil and, in some regions other emulsifiers such as egg. The sauce’s names mean “garlic and oil” in Catalan and Provençal.
If your Mayonnaise has olive oil then no need to add extra otherwise add 2 tbsp of olive oil in addition to below ingredients
- 1 cup Low Fat Mayonnaise (regular or vegetarian)
- 4 cloves of garlic very finely chopped or grated
- 1 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Mix all the ingredients together and enjoy
- Garlic: contains manganese, vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Selenium, Fiber
Ingredients: Avocado, Garlic, Lemon juice, green chilies roughly chopped, chopped cilantro/coriander, salt to taste
Tools used: Food Processor
Method: Put everything in the food processor and just pulse it!
- Avocado: Vitamin K, C, B5, B6, E, folate
- Garlic: Vitamin B6, C, B1, copper, selenium, calcium, phosphorus, helps lowering triglycerides, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antiviral, cancer prevention
- Cilantro: Excellent source of minerals like iron, copper, calcium, potassium, manganese, zinc and magnesium, Vitamin C, rich in dietary fiber
Don’t forget to leave a comment!!