With so many options to choose from, it becomes tough to decide what is good for you. Over the years, after doing lot of research, I would like to share some pointers with all of you.
Stainless Steel Vs Non-stick cookware
- If you are cooking on high heat, stainless steel is your best friend
- Non-stick should be used on low to medium heat since on high heat, the coating comes of
- There are health issues associated with non-stick pans as well. Studies have found that pans coated with Teflon can give off unhealthy fumes when the pans are heated at high temperatures.
- For making desserts, especially the ones which contain milk, i feel non-stick makes life easy since anyways you are going to cook on low heat, cleaning becomes a breeze.
Oil selection for cooking
- High heat : Canola oil, corn oil, sesame oil, clarified butter, mustard oil, safflower oil, sunflower oil
- Low – medium heat: Coconut oil, peanut oil
- Salads: Extra virgin olive oil