Some of the key elements in cooking any kind of food are the spices and herbs that you put in it and of course “Love” is the biggest element 🙂
Below are some of the common spices that go in Asian, Chinese, Middle-eastern cooking and enhance the flavor and nutritional factor for a dish due to their health perks. If you want more details on any of them, kindly leave a comment to this post.
- Turmeric – a powerful medicine that has long been used in the Chinese and Indian systems of medicine as an anti-inflammatory agent to treat a wide variety of conditions, including flatulence, jaundice, menstrual difficulties, bloody urine, hemorrhage, toothache
- Cumin seeds: has ability to aid in digestion, improve immunity and treat piles, insomnia, respiratory disorders, asthma, bronchitis, common cold, lactation, anemia, skin disorders, boils and cancer
- Bay leaves: helps in lowering stress and anxiety, soothes body aches, eases joint pain from arthritis
- Cloves: are known to have antioxidant, anti-septic, local anesthetic, anti-inflammatory, rubefacient (warming and soothing), carminative and anti-flatulent properties.
- Fennel seeds – beats bad breath, helps remedy: indigestion, constipation and bloating, relieves menstrual pain, helps keep cancer at bay, protects from anaemia, helps regulate your blood pressure
- Onion seeds – prevents diabetes, helps in boosting memory, relieving headache, asthma, cough and allergy treatment, improve heart health. Cancer Prevention, Control Blood Pressure
- Green cardamom: can be used to counteract digestive problems. Use it to combat nausea, acidity, bloating, gas, heartburn, loss of appetite, constipation
- Black cardamom: ensures gastrointestinal health, maintains cardiovascular health, helps fight dental disorders which include teeth and gum infections
- Dried coriander seeds or powder: Lower Blood Sugar, ease Digestive Discomfort by cooling down the stomach, decrease blood pressure. fight food poisoning, improve cholesterol levels, help urinary tract infections
- Cinnamon: high source of antioxidants. contains anti-inflammatory properties, protects heart health, fights diabetes, helps defend against cognitive decline & protects brain function, fights infections & viruses, protects dental health & freshens breath naturally, has anti-biotic and anti-microbial effects that protect skin from irritations, rashes, allergic reactions, and infections
- Mace – contains some of the anti-oxidant compounds, essential oils, minerals, and vitamins
- Star Anise: helps improve digestion, alleviate cramps and reduce nausea